Thursday, July 3, 2008

Goodale - Provincial NDP Leader?

Over at GPM, speculation over who might be taking over the provincial NDP leadership ...

"Ralph Goodale

Pros: Name recognition, lot of support from New Democrats federaly.

Cons: He is a Liberal MP, enough said.Analysis: I would be kind of surprised if Ralph jumped ship (I think he has his eye on the Federal Leadership next time around) but I heard his name mentioned by a number of people in Regina so I am including him on my list."

Personally, I think this is a non-starter.

But I think it's hilarious to see his name mentioned by someone in the blogosphere as a possible contender. It also shows that the Liberals and the NDP are basically the same party as a result of the Liberals movement to the left of the political spectrum.

Our pick as the person who will probably get the nod is Dwain Lingenfelter.

Lingenfelter has political and business experience and has been hanging out at NDP conventions since his "retirement" from politics. He has spoken to one particular business group (the NSBA) in Saskatoon a couple of times in the past year, most likely to seek their support in the upcoming NDP leadership campaign, and next provincial election slated for 2011.

No comments: